We made it off to Florence, via the train! That was a fun way to travel, except for handling our bags! The next trip we need smaller luggage! I must add that I never once handled my own luggage, the boys always took over! I became so spoiled! After juggling them and their stuff for lots of years...I was ok with their assistance!
Once again we had an apartment on the top floor, near the cathedral. After Rome, we were all conditioned to hiking up the stairs! Every day we clocked in over 15K steps. I loved all of the walking!
Our apartment was ready for us when we arrived. We got settled in and made our way to the Galleria Dell' Accademia Di Fierenze to see Michelangelo's David sculpture. We also saw some of the unfinished sculptures by Michelangelo.
Dinner was a food tour of Florence's finest! We had an amazing tour guide that was so passionate about his home city. He shared some of his favorite piazzas and restaurants, one of which we ate at a couple of nights later. Our first stop on the tour was for a drink from a wine window! So much fun!! Ring a bell and a glass of wine appears! Next stop was for a little pasta sample and wine, Steak Florentine was up next, the show stopper! That was incredible. Eric and I haven't stopped thinking about how we could recreate that at home. It would need to include importing a steak from Italy to our home in Indiana...Maybe we just need to return to Florence again, sooner than later! Our last stop was for gelato. Yummy!!
Our tour took us across the bridge of the river Arno. That was such a beautiful sight. The bridge was a big local hangout with a band playing, singing, dancing, and everyone was just hanging out, waiting for the sunset. It was worth the wait!
Whew! What a first day in Florence!
Also, Eric and I are discovering these 3 boys of ours are becoming wine drinkers! At least in Italy!






No comments:
Post a Comment